Susan is now doing 1 day workshops in Motivational Interviewing in her office. The next one will be Saturday June 29th from 9-4 pm. It is limited to 8 people and is almost full. If you are interested email Susan or call her at 310-828-4476 for more information.
Motivational interviewing (MI) is a person-centered, guiding method of communication and counseling to elicit and strengthen motivation for change.
Susan offers 1 or 2 day workshops in Motivational Interviewing in the Los Angeles area for organizations and health-care agencies. Workshops focus on:
- The basics of MI and the fundamental “spirit” and principles
- The stages of change and motivational interviewing
- Client –Centered Counseling Skills
- Recognizing Change Talk
- Rolling with Sustain Talk and Resistance
The Primary Goals of Motivational Interviewing:
1. Minimize Resistance with clients
2. Create, and amplify from the client's perspective a discrepancy between present behavior and behavior goals and values
3. Explore and resolve ambivalence
4. Elicit "change talk"
5. Set in motion the client's natural potential for behavior change
Call (310) 828-4476 for schedule and pricing or email Susan