Below Information is for LIVE workshops.
Do you have clients who can’t seem to make a positive change in their lives and are stuck in the same story?
- Do you feel like you’re experiencing the same conversation with your client each time you see them?
- Would you like to be able to have a different conversation with them that navigates towards change?
How do you move the conversation forward out of “discord” and “sustain-talk” and move your clients towards “change talk”?
Although ambivalence for behavior change is normal and a person can remain stuck in this cycle for years, one Motivational Interviewing conversation can create a shift in perspective and movement towards that desired change.
In these workshops you will learn how to:
- Roll with resistance with clients who are ambivalent with change.
- Identify the back story of what the client may not be telling you.
- Differrentiate and practice simple and complex reflections.
- Practice skills to elicit, recognize and reinforce “change talk”.
- Recognize and identity MI skills through role play.
- Advance in all MI skills with focus on reducing client resistance to changing behavior.
- Practice using advanced skills and demonstration or OARS with feedback.
- Code video and audio tapes for OARS, collaboration, partnership, change talk.
- Observe demonstrations of MI techniques.
Intermediate/Advanced Workshops will also include:
- Recognizing and reflecting DARN(Desire, Ability, Reason, Need) statements through exercises to increase “change talk” in your clients.
- Introduction to the MI coding system called the MITI 4.2.1 which shows levels of collaboration, partnership, empathy and change talk during conversations with clients to increase awareness of MI language.
- Watching video or hearing audio tapes and coding for OARS (open-questions, affirmations, reflections, summaries).
Train the Trainer Advanced Workshop — see this page for information.
This workshop is geared towards professionals working alongside clients with goals of health-related behavior change: physicians, nurses, health educators care managers, dietitians, social workers, counselors, psychologists, dentists, dental hygienists, life coaches, mediators, clergy, probation/corrections officers, school counselors, teachers, personal trainers, etc.
What’s included in registration:
- 12 Hours of training
- Resource materials
- Snack and Beverages
Schedule for 2-day training
9am-4pm both days
Address for Training:
Get directions: 12304 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025
Early Bird for Train the Trainer – June 25th – $450 and $525 after that date.
Early bird for Introductory August training July 25th – $425 and $500 after that date.
Early bird for Intermediate/Advanced Training – August 20th – $425 and $500 after that date.
Email Susan or call 310-828-4476 to register. Send in flyer below with registration to office address.Register for 2-day training