A Recipe for Life by the Doctor's Dietitian: now $31.95
Finally a nutrition book that covers all the bases – telling you what’s carbohydrate, protein, and fat, how to put them together for a tasty and healthful meal; how to manage your weight, grocery shop intelligently, organize your food; a guide to tell you all about vitamins/minerals, what nutrients are in foods, how to avoid disease through nutrition and what drugs affect your weight.
With over 250 color pages, A Recipe for Life includes 60 easy-to-make recipes for main dishes, salads, soups and desserts.
Smart eating does not have to be boring, bland or uninteresting. It can be colorful, tasty, and fun – it’s just a matter of having the tools to accomplish your goals and being open and willing to learn a new way.
Cost is $31.95 plus tax (CA residents only) and shipping. For international orders please contact Susan.
**Please Note: If you don't want to use paypal you have the option of paying with a credit card on check-out
David Baron, Chief of Staff at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center says:
“When you're finally tired of reading ‘diet’ books that don't work, and you're ready to learn about how to develop a lifestyle that will result in a healthy weight, then it's time to read Susan's book…She provides a clear and un-intimidating path back to good nutritional habits that will last a lifetime. And, she does it in a style that's engaging and enjoyable to read…”
Healthy You, Healthy Baby: A Mother's Guide to Gestational Diabetes $14.95 (plus tax for CA residents and shipping)
Susan's second book has arrived - a cutting edge guide for women with gestational diabetes.
Susan is taking orders for Healthy You, Healthy Baby: A mother's guide to gestational diabetes. Email her if you are interested in getting a copy or use the add to cart below. The cost it $14.95 (plus tax for those in California) and shipping. How to eat, and change your lifestyle to effectively manage your blood sugars without medications.
Here's what professionals are saying about this book:
This book is truly a gem and I wish all pregnant women could have a copy! Susan B. Dopart has written a book that contains all the latest information to help women with gestational diabetes. It dispels fear, informs with the most current research and encourages women to take charge of their health through good nutrition and exercise. It is simple, concise and empowering and will set those who read it on a course for good health for the rest of their lives.
Deborah Frank, CNM Midwife, Beverly Hills, California
Drawing from vast bodies of clinical, epidemiological, endocrinology and nutrition biochemistry literature, Susan B. Dopart clearly explains the causes and consequences of gestational diabetes and what expectant mothers can do to promote better pregnancy and neonatal health outcomes. Her prose is illuminating, jargon-free and comprehensive. By making the underlying science more accessible, she educates and motivates positive lifestyle changes from a solid foundation of clinical knowledge and research.
Michelle A. Williams, ScD
Professor and Chair, Department of Epidemiology
Harvard School of Public Health
A Recipe for Life Teaching Tools for Clinicians
Are you at a loss for how to convey the important and critical concepts to your clients? Having color diagrams at your fingertips can be helpful in explaining moderate to difficult nutrition problems to clients. Susan has developed these diagrams over the 15 years of private practice. They have been invaluable to helping her clients understand what is going on in their bodies and now she is making them available to health care professionals for a low price of:
$25.00 per packet plus tax and shipping. Click here to order.
Clinician's Special: Book plus Packet
$50.00 plus 12.00 for shipping
2 A Recipe for Life Books - Includes Free Teaching Tools
$69.90 plus $15.00 for shipping
SUPER VALUE PACK: All 3 products
A Recipe for Life Book, A Recipe for Life Teaching Tools, and Healthy You, Healthy Baby: A mother's guide to gestational diabetes
$59.95 plus $10.00 for shipping
The Packet includes 18 pages of color diagrams with text explaining the diagrams. The diagrams included are:
1. What is a serving of carbohydrate?
2. What is a serving of protein and fat?
3. Understanding Insulin Resistance
4. Visual of False Hunger and the Insulin Response to a High Carbohydrate Meal versus a Balanced Meal
5. Balancing your Meals with Ease
6. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Snack Options
7. Eat the Colors: identifying the colors of fruits and vegetables and what phytochemicals and nutrients are associated with each one.
8. Eat the Colors – part two
9. Visual of Regular Balanced Meals: Vital to Appetite and Blood Sugar Control and visual of maintaining a strong metabolism and thermogenesis
10. The Important Omega’s – identifying ALA, DHA and EPA and their importance in the body
11. How Additional bites do matter – a strong visual of 2 bites more per meal
12. A visual of the Hunger Scale and how Carbohydrate/Protein/Fat Intake
affects Hormone/Hunger Levels – understanding Ghrelin and Leptin
13. What you can’t find in a Pill: categories of Phytochemcials or Phytonutrients
14. Visual Effects of Stress in the Body and how to effectively manage stress
15. Visual of Pitfalls of Unhealthy eating and the Dangers of Visceral versus Subcutaneous Fat
16. An inside Look at Unhealthy Consumption and visuals of oxidation and health
17. Clean Food Shopping List
18. Ingredients to Minimize when Shopping