Are you sick, overworked or just stressed?
Stress is a term we frequently hear in relation to many life challenges.
If untreated stress can impact your relationships, work life, vitality, health and…your immune system.
What are some easy ways to lower stress and keep your immune system healthy?
- Eat regular meals that contain protein to keep your blood sugars balanced.
- Keep sugar to a minimum. A high sugar diet lowers immunity and increases fatigue.
- Keep as active as you can – it will increase endorphins and REM sleep to help lower fatigue and increase vitality.
- Increase your omega 3 fats. The average American takes in only 100 mg. per day of DHA with at least 500 mg. of DHA and EPA are needed per day. Consuming fish a few times a week and adding 1 tablespoon per day of ground flax seed will help with mood, besides lowering anxiety and stress.
- Do at least 1 thing per day that makes you happy. Always doing what you have to do or need to do is a strain to your system. Doing things that make you happy brings up your countenance more than you realize…which can lead to lowering stress in your immune system.
Start with 1 easy change and add as needed. One small change in lifestyle can lead to big changes to make stress a part of your history and not your life. Your immune system will stay strong…which can save you from much more than just stress.