Next Introductory 2 Day Workshop: April 23-24, 2020 – RESCHEDULED TO June 25/26, 2020 due to COVID19
Below Information is for LIVE workshops.
Click here for information on the VIRTUAL Workshops- Next Introductory Wednesday April 15th, 9 am – 1 pm, and next Intermediate is Monday April 27th 9 am- 1pm PDT. The next Advanced Virtual Training is Monday June 1st, 9 am – 1 pm PDT.
Scroll down to bottom of page for payment.
Do you have clients who can’t seem to make a positive change in their lives and are stuck in the same story?
- Do you feel like you’re experiencing the same conversation with your client each time you see them?
- Would you like to be able to have a different conversation with them that navigates towards change?
How do you move the conversation forward out of “discord” and “sustain-talk” and move your clients towards “change talk”?
Although ambivalence for behavior change is normal and a person can remain stuck in this cycle for years, one Motivational Interviewing conversation can create a shift in perspective and movement towards that desired change.
In these workshops you will learn how to:
- Evoke motivation with clients who are ambivalent with change.
- Identify the back story of what the client may not be telling you.
- Differentiate and practice simple and complex reflections.
- Practice skills to elicit, recognize and reinforce “change talk”.
- Recognize and identity MI skills through role play.
- Advance in all MI skills with focus on reducing client resistance to changing behavior.
- Practice using advanced skills and demonstration or OARS with feedback.
- Code video and audio tapes for OARS, collaboration, partnership, change talk (advanced)
- Observe demonstrations of MI techniques.
Intermediate/Advanced Workshops will also include:
- Recognizing and reflecting DARN (Desire, Ability, Reason, Need) statements through exercises to increase “change talk” in your clients.
- Introduction to the MI coding system called the MITI 4.2.1 which shows levels of collaboration, partnership, empathy and change talk during conversations with clients to increase awareness of MI language.
- Watching video or hearing audio tapes and coding for OARS (open-questions, affirmations, reflections, summaries).
This workshop is geared towards professionals working alongside clients with goals of health-related behavior change: physicians, nurses, health educators care managers, dietitians, social workers, counselors, psychologists, dentists, dental hygienists, life coaches, mediators, clergy, probation/corrections officers, school counselors, teachers, personal trainers, etc.
What’s included in registration:
- 14 Hours of training
- Resource materials
- Snack and Beverages
**Please know I do not offer CEU’s for training, except for Registered Dietitians (17 hours for in person trainings and 4 hours for virtual trainings)
Schedule for 2-day training: 9am-4pm both days
Schedule for Virtuals – Mondays 9 am – 1 pm PST
Early April 15th, Virtual Introductory Training – $155 till April 5th, and then $195
Early bird for April 27th, Virtual Intermediate Training – $155 till April 10th and then $195
Early bird for June 1st, Advanced Virtual Training – $155 till May 15th and then $195
Early bird for Introductory Training June 25/26, 2020 $450 till June 1st and then $525.00
Special VIRTUAL Lockdown Low Fee 2 hour Refresher and Practice – Saturday April 18th 10:30-12:30 PDT – limited to 20 people – $50