Below Information is for LIVE workshops.
Do you have clients who can’t seem to make a positive change in their lives and are stuck in the same story?
- Do you feel like you’re experiencing the same conversation with your client each time you see them?
- Would you like to be able to have a different conversation with them that navigates towards change?
How do you move the conversation forward out of “discord” and “sustain-talk” and move your clients towards “change talk”?
Although ambivalence for behavior change is normal and a person can remain stuck in this cycle for years, one Motivational Interviewing conversation can create a shift in perspective and movement towards that desired change.
In these workshops you will learn how to:
- Roll with resistance with clients who are ambivalent with change.
- Identify the back story of what the client may not be telling you.
- Differrentiate and practice simple and complex reflections.
- Practice skills to elicit, recognize and reinforce “change talk”.
- Recognize and identity MI skills through role play.
- Advance in all MI skills with focus on reducing client resistance to changing behavior.
- Practice using advanced skills and demonstration or OARS with feedback.
- Code video and audio tapes for OARS, collaboration, partnership, change talk.
- Observe demonstrations of MI techniques.
Intermediate/Advanced Workshops will also include:
- Recognizing and reflecting DARN(Desire, Ability, Reason, Need) statements through exercises to increase “change talk” in your clients.
- Introduction to the MI coding system called the MITI 4.2.1 which shows levels of collaboration, partnership, empathy and change talk during conversations with clients to increase awareness of MI language.
- Watching video or hearing audio tapes and coding for OARS (open-questions, affirmations, reflections, summaries).
Train the Trainer Advanced Workshop — see this page for information.
This workshop is geared towards professionals working alongside clients with goals of health-related behavior change: physicians, nurses, health educators care managers, dietitians, social workers, counselors, psychologists, dentists, dental hygienists, life coaches, mediators, clergy, probation/corrections officers, school counselors, teachers, personal trainers, etc.
What’s included in registration:
- 12 Hours of training
- Resource materials
- Snack and Beverages
Schedule for 2-day training
9am-4pm both days
Address for Training:
Get directions: 12304 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025
Introductory August training July 25th – $500
Early bird for Intermediate/Advanced Training – August 20th – $425 and $500 after that date.
Intro/Advanced Rate till August 10th: $850
Virtual 4 hour training September 17th, 9 am – 1 pm PST $155 till September 10th and $195 after that date.
Email Susan or call 310-828-4476 to register. Send in flyer below with registration to office address.Register for 2-day training
Cancellation policy: if you need to cancel and it is more than 30 days of the scheduled training date you are entitled to 50 percent of fees paid or the full amount as credit towards the next training. No refunds for trainings if cancellation is less than 30 days but a credit may be issued towards the next scheduled training if space is available.